Sent to you via Google Reader
“The key to getting started down the right path of being remarkable in anything is to simply act with the intention of being remarkable.”
This is a quote by Chad Fowler, CTO of InfoEther, in Tim Ferriss’s new book, The 4-Hour Body. Tim highlights Chad because after being obese for over a decade, he lost 70 pounds in less than a year, which is truly remarkable.
Although the parts of the book I’ve read so far are mainly about achieving extraordinary and amazing results with our bodies (like rapid weight loss, superhuman strength, holding our breath for 5 minutes, etc.) there are a lot of wonderful gems, like the quote above, which can be applied to other things in our lives, like our businesses and blogs.
Wishing vs. Action
Wishing for an outcome and actually taking action to achieve it are two totally different things. Below you’ll find a list of 22 ideas and actions that you can take right now as a blogger to help you become extraordinary, unusual, noteworthy – remarkable.
1. Step out of your comfort zone and deliver your content in a different medium than usual. For example, if you always publish written content, try shooting a YouTube video and embedding it into a blog post instead.
2. Create a pillar article that will not only increase your traffic, but the trust and authority you have with your readers as well.
3. Spend 5 minutes to write down 3 things that make you and your blog unique. If you can’t think of 3 unique things, then you’ve got some major re-evaluating and restructuring to do. How in the world will you stand out from the crowd?
4. Content Integration – using your content in other people’s traffic funnels, including blogs, membership sites, products, emails, etc. (See 5 Little Known Ways to Grow Your Blog, a guest post here on SPI by Kim Roach)
5. Do something unheard of. For me, it was the Niche Site Duel – creating a niche site from scratch and revealing everything behind it, including the niche, domain name, backlinking strategy, etc. Those of you who have been on my blog for a while know exactly how successful and popular the Niche Site Duel has become.
6. Personally email 5 to 10 of your co…